Standardization is an activity providing the establishment of rules and characteristics
with the purpose of their voluntary reuse, and directed to obtain uniformity in
the fields of manufacture and product circulation and increasing the competitiveness
of products, works and services. The standardization work is carried out in Russia
on the basis of the Federal Law "On technical regulating". By Decree №266-p,
dated February 28, 2006, of the Russian Federation Government there was adopted the
Strategy for development of national standardization system.
The standardization is carried out with the purpose of:
National standards and all-Russian classifiers of technical, economical and social
information, including the rules for their drafting and use, constitute the national
National standards are approved by the national standards body in accordance
with the standardization rules, norms and recommendations in this field. In accordance
with the Russian Federation Government Decree No.294 dated June 17, 2004, "On
Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology", the Agency is entrusted
with the functions of the national standards body of the Russian Federation.
National standards body is entitled to develop and approve a program of drafting
the national standards as well as the order of formation and operation of technical
committees on standardization.
By Decrees of the Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology, dated
December 2004, there were approved (effective date June 1, 2005) the basic standards
of the national standardization system of the Russian Federation which determine
the drafting, drawing up, wording, approval, registration, official publication
of national standards of the Russian Federation, their amending and cancellation:
1.GOST R 1.0 – 2012 «Standardization in the Russian Federation. Basic provisions»
2. GOST R 1.1 – 2013«Standardization in the Russian Federation. Technical committees for standardization. Rules of organization and function»
3. GOST R 1.2 – 2004 «Standardization in the Russian Federation. National standards of the Russian Federation. Rules for development, taking over, reform and cancellation»
4. GOST R 1.4 – 2004 «Standardization in Russian Federation. Standards of organizations. General.»
5. GOST R 1.5 – 2012 «Standardization in Russian Federation. National Standards. Rules of structure, drafting, presentation and indication»
6. GOST R 1.6 – 2013«Standardization in the Russian Federation. Draft standards. Rules of organization and realization of expertise»
7. GOST R 1.7 – 2008 «Standardization in the Russian Federation. National standards of the Russian Federation. Rules of presentation and indication by development on the basis of application of international standards»
8. GOST R 1.8 – 2011 «Standardization in Russian Federation. Interstate standards. Rules of developing, application, renovation and cease of application in the Russian Federation»
9. GOST R 1.9 – 2004 «Standartization in the Russian Federation. Mark of comformity to national standards of the Russian Federation. Representation. Application order»
10. GOST R 1.10 – 2004 «Standardization in the Russian Federation. Rules for standardization and recommendations for standardization. Order of elaboration, confirmation, amendment, revision and abrogation»
11. GOST R 1.12 – 2004 «Standardization in the Russian Federation. Terms and definitions»
12. GOST R 1.13 – 2004 «Standardization in the Russian Federation. Notifications on projects of documents in standardization. General requirements»
13. GOST R 1.14 – 2009 «Standardization in the Russian Federation. Program of development national standards. Requirements to structure, rules of forming, of the statement and of the control over realization program of development national standards» p>
14. GOST R 1.15 –2009 «Standardization in the Russian Federation. Company standards department. Rules of organization and function»
15. GOST R 1.16 –2011 «Standardization in Russian Federation. Preliminary national standards. Instructions for development, taking over, application and cancellation»
PR 50.1.074-2004 "Draft development of state standards of the Russian Federation
and draft amendments for adoption, registration and publication. Corrigendum to
the standards and documents preparation for standards cancellation".
The development and use of interstate standards shall be carried out in compliance
with the requirements of GOST R 1.8-2011, GOST R 1.2-2004, GOST R 1.5-2012, PMG
03-99 and PMG 48-2002. Gosstandart Decree No.4, dated January 30, 2004 "On State
Standards of the Russian Federation", has recognized the current state and interstate
standards introduced before July 1, 2003 as the national standards intended for
use in the Russian Federation.
The same Decree has recognized as expedient to retain the notations "GOST" and
"GOST R" for current state and interstate standards and national standards under
drafting until new approved relevant rules, norms and recommendations on standardization
are put into force.
The national standards of the Russian Federation can be purchased in the territorial
marketing departments of "STANDARTINFORM" which distribute specifications (NTD)
and technical documentation and scientific-technical information (NTI) (standards
shops), on our site in Internet-shop, and also in organizations that have agreements
with Rostechregulirovanie for making and distribution of the documents being approved.
The order of drafting, approval, putting into effect, maintenance and use of
All-Russian classifiers of technical, economical and social information in social
and economic field is established by Decree of the Russian Federation Government
№677, dated November 10, 2003, "On All-Russian classifiers of technical, economical
and social information in social and economic field" and Decree №493, dated August
4, 2005, "On amendments to the Decree of the Russian Federation Government №677,
dated November 10, 2003, "On All-Russian classifiers of technical, economical
and social information in social and economic field".
Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology is entrusted with adoption and introduction of all-Russia classifiers and interdepartmental coordination of these works.
Development of all-Russia classifiers is provided by the federal executive bodies and is implemented by agreement with Minpromenergo of Russia, Rostekhregulirovanie, Rosstat and Mineconomrazvitie of Russia.
An expertise of draft all-Russia classifiers and amendments inserted in them is carried out by “STANDARTINFORM” and technical committee on all-Russia classifiers.