Quality Awards of Russian Federation Government are established in 1996 by RF Government Decree.
Awards are presented annually on a competitive basis by organizations for reaching important results in the field of quality of products and services, their protection, implementation of high-performance quality management methods.
Awards Model is harmonized with Perfection Model EFQM that underlies European Quality Award (http://www.efqm.org).
Award-winners receive awards and certificates of RF Government and the right to use Award Symbols in their advertising materials.
The ceremony of awarding the winners is held in the RF Government Awarding Hall.
Council on Quality Awards of the RF Government that has been formed by RF Ministry for Industry and Energy according to RF Government Decree N 18 as of January 13, 2005 specifies the Procedure of contest, material expertise and proposals preparation for awarding.
The same Decree has entrusted Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology to support Council activity.
The Council that formed of number of directors of Federal Authorities, leading scientists and experts in the field of quality management, representatives of public organizations specifies the Procedure of contest, material expertise and proposals preparation for awarding. (Organization of contest).
Council on Quality Awards of the RF Government is headed by RF Deputy Minister for Industry and Energy Chairman is A.G. Reus (http://www.minprom.gov.ru/
Deputy Chairman of the Council on Quality Awards of RF Government is the Head of Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology G.I. Elkin.
RF Government Decree № 294 as of June 17, 2004 has entrusted Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology with organizing competition for Quality Awards of RF Government. The Council has Secretariat which is formed by the Agency (http://www.vniis.ru
1. Quality Awards of the RF Government (further - the Awards) are presented annually on a competitive basis by organizations for reaching important results in the field of quality of products and services, their protection, implementation of high-performance quality management methods.
The Awards are presented to the following categories of contestants:
organizations with employees number no more than 250;
organizations with employees number more than 250.
The Procedure of Contest, awarding criteria included, is established by the Council on presenting Awards of RF Government (further - the Council) for each category of contestants and given in Manual for organizations-contest participants approved by the Council.
2. Every year no more than 12 Awards are presented, of which no more than 3 go to organizations with employees number no more 250, and at least 9 go to organizations with employees number more than 250.
3. The Award is a RF Government Certificate and is of an established form.
4. Notification to the effect that the contest will be held is published in mass media in December of the year before that of the scheduled contest (http://www.vniis.ru
5. Producing and servicing organizations, independently on forms of arrangement and legal status, may claim their wish to participation in the contest.
6. Organizations producing armament, materiel and special technique may only present to the contest materials in the field of quality of civil purpose.
Organizations concerning which decisions, in an established form, on procedures regarding insolvency (bankruptcy) envisaged in Russian Federation Law are adopted, may not take part in the contest.
7. The results of work of an organization in the field of products and services quality that are represented in Contest materials, can be accepted for consideration udder condition of their receiving no less than one year before contest notification.
8. Organizations that aspire to take part in the contest address an application of the specified form to the Council.
9. Basing on the examination of the materials presented by the organizations for the contest and after survey of the organizations on site, the council brings to RF Government proposals on presenting Awards and determines those organizations that are awarded with the Council Certificate.
10. Russian Federation Decree on Awards is adopted as a rule by World Quality Day (the second Thursday of November) and published in mass media.
11. Organizations that confirmed their achievements in the field of products and services quality in the process of their survey on site are awarded by Council Certificates (Contest Award Winners).
12. Organizations - winners have the right to take part in the next contest not earlier than 5 years after getting the Award.
13. The organizations - winners shall encourage other interested organizations in familiarization with their work experience.
14. Financial support of preparing and carrying out the contests including issue of certificates and awards as well as the awarding ceremony is on the account of the Federal Budget allocated to Russia Federation State Committee on Standardization and Metrology.
15. Procedure of carrying out and financing work connected with organizing examination of materials presented to the contest, their systematization, and surveying organizations on site is established by the Council.